Make the wrong choice with a dining chair and you will multiply a buying mistake for your home four, eight or even 12 times.
So know what to look for when you make this important investment purchase.
- The frame needs to be very sturdy – guests or family may decide to tilt back on a chair however much you may not want them too!
- The seat needs to be roomy to take all shapes and sizes – it should have a rounded shape for a good look, but not over upholstered to be uncomfortable
- The back of the chair needs to hug you and support the lower back and be high enough to give the upper back support as well. Choose the right design and guests will find it hard to move to a more comfortable chair
- A dining chair with arms has a relaxed feel, but will take up much more space around a table so you need to think ahead and know your table size before buying the chairs
- The back of the dining chair is the part you will view most of the time, so make sure the chair is finished well with a piping or stud trim
- If the dining chairs are a focal point of the room, think about using a decorative fabric on the back with a more serviceable fabric for the front. A textured material is less likely to show marks than a flat weave. Be careful of silks and velvets as watermarks and grease are very hard to remove.
Try out the styles for yourself in the London showroom.